Hair loss is not only common among men but also females. The most common types of hair loss include:
- Male-pattern hair loss — Hair loss affecting the top and front of the male scalp. A receding hairline is the most common form of this type of hair loss.
- Female-pattern hair loss — This appears as hair thinning in females and, similar to male-pattern hair loss, it affects the top and front of the scalp.
- Alopecia areata — Also referred to ‘spot baldness’, alopecia is an autoimmune disease that affects all areas of the body but more commonly the scalp. The two types are scarring and non-scarring alopecia.
What Causes Hair Loss?
As we grow older we begin to reduce cells, collagen and elastin; hair loss is no different. Genetic factors and hormonal changes may also be a reason why people begin to lose hair but poor diet and disease may also contribute; although less common factors
How to Prevent Hair Loss
There are many natural options out there to help prevent hair loss:
- Shampoo — The shampoos you use can have an effect on the treatment of your hair.
- Meditation — Stress can cause a lot of problems and hair loss is no different. Meditating reduces this stress.
- Green tea — by revitalising hair follicles, green tea can help to stimulate hair growth. Condition your hair with green tea to notice a change.
If some of these natural options do not tend to work then perhaps our PRP treatment is what you may need to help prevent and combat hair loss.
The Next Steps
Give our experienced team a call and they will set up an appointment for you. Rest assured, you are in good company with 3 Dental Facial Aesthetics.